• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chicagoland: BB install help?

GusDaDog

NAXJA Forum User
anyone in Chicagoland... especially extreme NW Indiana (I'm in Merrillville) wanna help me install my Rocky-Road Budget Boost some time soon? I live in an apartment and they'll flip if I try to install here (I'd need to come to your joint...I bring beer!)

well....You're welcome to use my driveway on the NW side o'Chicago, you might be able to squeeze in on a "wrenchfest", keep your eyes open, they happen on occasion. I believe our Prez' had one recently for example.
I'd say let's do it, but I gots no power tools and thieves depleted my hand tool stock.
lemme know if ya wanna try anyway

I am always happy to lend a hand... I live in the northern burbs ( but I grew up in Laporte)... I got a garage driveway and tools ( air too)... But If everybody is at my place wrenchin I would hope to get some crap done to my poor heep too since I got so many parts lying around that need to go on!!!!!!!!!

I appreciate it... I'm well stocked on tools, just need to rent a spring compressor.... I haven't gotten the kit in yet, so lets leave this thread open a bit, maybe we can get a small wrench-a-thon going? Otherwise, I'll let one of you know, we can set a date or whatever.... again..thanks

Depending on how big a hurry you're in I've been thinking of having another wrenchfest at my shop in Crown Point.
It won't be for a few weeks at least, though.

Wow... crown point is nice and close... yeah, I'm in no real rush other than I need to swap the tires from my near dead Bronco onto the XJ, then find someone to junk the Bronco for me...and my apartments want it gone ASAP but they aren't nagging me much yet...

:gee: I live near downtown Chicago, I have garage and tool and air tools as well...
just yell at me and let me know when, and BTW you don't need a spring compressor.

Actually...YOU have to sponsor it if you don't have the facilities to "host" it...

My previous offer still stands....

I am willing to bring the 3 B's..... Burgers, Buns, and Beer.... cold pop if you're a minor of course...

...but yeah, if anyone DOES decide to host a fest, let me know... I appreciate the offer, I'll keep it in mind but NorthWest Chicago is #1 a TAD far, and #2 not sure I wanna "test" the new lift thru Chicago traffic....

I will be hosting one in NW Indiana soon but it will be a couple weeks at best. I'll be in Moab next week. Possibly the next weekend after I get back which would be the 16th.
Hopefully, I'm not repairing Moab damage then.

OK, let's see what we can get going. How about a week from this Saturday? I'll post a thread to see if Nov 7 works for others.

Back