• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

32's on 3" lift???

87CherokeeChief

NAXJA Forum User
i have already done quite a bit of fender choppage to the front and back. Im thinking 32x10.50 with a set of rims with 4" of backspaceing. What do ya'll think? my searches didnt yield much...so input and pics would be great.

Who makes a 32x10.50? I've got the more common 32x11.50 on mine with 15x7 rims and 4" backspace and they just barely fit. Since you've already chopped yours up, you could possibly have enough clearance however.

I have the RE 3.5 with 32x11.5 on 15. I just did a little trimming on the flare, no metal. I have a 97 with 3.75 BS.

Stuffs great, rear rubs at full stuff, but flares stay on.

Fronts have PLENTY of room so far, I have yet to disco and flex it hard, but I have flexed it really hard connected and PLENTY of room.

I run 33x12.50's on 15x7(yes I know they are too narrow) 3.5"bs rims with 3.5-3.75" of homebrew lift, stock bumpstop"s and shock's(for now)
my front fenders are trimmed lots, up to where the top of the original flare sat
the rear's are folded in and up as far as I could get them

no sway bar in the rear and the front is still connected, it rub's mildly when fully flexed

Yucca-man; i just sorta threw out a width since i havent really looked into 32s so i wasnt sure what was made.

ok guys thanks for the info i guess ill be looking into 32x11.50. and a 15x8 rim?? or wider?

Super Swamper radials come in 32x10.50. I'm running them on 7" wide wheels with 4" backspacing, on an 87 4 door with an RE 2" lift. I've trimmed as much as I can in the rear without removing and re-doing the pinch-seam area, and the fronts I could trim more but the tires would just hit the inner fender well. Need about an extra inch on the bumpstop in front and a couple inches extra in the rear.

I've found that 10.50 is a good width paired with the smaller lift, After taking those pics I "flared" the front fenders out a little with a large pipe wrench, making it so the tires can stuff right up into the fender wells with ease, no rubbing on the sharp edge. Works well.

Pic:

P1010321.JPG

More pics here

265/75R-16 is roughly 32x10.5x16 as well.

r@m

Interesting, I'm running 32x9.5 Swampers, with an re 3.5 I did have to do some sheet metal cutting, I expect that is because I'm using a set of TJ stock rims, after I did some trimming things were fine, I like not having any flares getting in the way too ;-) The trailing edges of the wheel well were slicing up the tread a little bit, so I spent some quality time with a body saw and took care of it............so far so good.

20040809183612_littletrim.JPG

Last edited:
You should be fine. A buddy of mine ran 32's on a 3in lift for quite a while and ran some pretty nasty trails with it. I ran 33/1250's on mine with a 3in lift for a little while. Wouldn't recommend that unless you extend the bumpstops about an inch. With 32's though just trim the fenders and take a hammer and beat that seam in the front fenderwell down flat and it'll work even if you take the disconnects off.
wes

I run 32x11.5 MTRs with approximately 3" lift (5" in the rear but sagged with the tire carrier - 3" spring & 2" shackle), I have trimmed the front fenders to where the flare was and pounded back the metal on the rears. It does pretty well but I do need to extend my bumpstops.

FYI, i posted above that the 32" on my 3.5 RE don't rub to bad in the rear, well if you "baja" real hard at speed (like jumping dunes at Silver Lake MI) then they will hit. Both mine are loose, but did not come off yet.

Plus side is I did find an extra flare for an XJ while I was there as a back up!

Jason

Runing RE 3.5 and 32s on TJ wheels
removed innrer fender wells.
removed flares just for grins (never rubbed I just like throwing mud everywhere.)
I would have piled higher but the pile got a bit too shaky
(VA lumber crawling champion)
jeep014.jpg

jeep015.jpg

jeep020.jpg

jeep023.jpg

jeep024.jpg

jeep025.jpg

Back