• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rig running poorly after O2 sensor changed...

cyberbackpacker

NAXJA Forum User
Well I failed smog in Cali, and as I didnt want to just start throwing money at the rig, I had a smog repair facility repair it. They replaced the O2 Sensor and the wiring harness. It passed smog afterwards no problem.

However... since it was in the garage, it has been running poorly/strangely.

In lower gears, 1st and 2nd, I tend to get like a hesitation type feel and a vibration that hiccups the jeep pretty good. Haven't been able to pinpoint the vibes, but seems to be coming from below the rear seat area (roughly).

The hiccuping usually occurs during the acceleration phase of gear one and gear two, not really in the changing between gears. After you get going in either gear, it tends to stop. It just seems to be when you first get on the accelerator in those gears. Don't notice it in 3 on up.

Any ideas on what this might be, what I should check. It had been running really well since I replaced the cat and muffler, and now its running like crap!

-Kevin
cyberbackpacker

Back