• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

9" axle ID

LT1XJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I have got a supposed 9" rear sitting here and I am trying to figure out what it came from and if it is worth my while. It appears to be a 9" looks like big bearing. Drum brakes and 5x5.5 lug pattern. WMS appears to be close to 60" I haven't seen one before that was that close to XJ/MJ width. Does this all sound likely?
ANy info?

Thanks, definitely some good info there. Except now I am in the same position. From what I can gather I have a big bearing 9" with 3.25 gears and a housing that measures at about 60" But figuring out what it came out of is beyond me. All I really need to figure out now is if the housing is one of the thinner ones or not. I guess if it is crap, at least I have a centersection that is useable.
Thanks,
Dustin

I couldn't find one. It looks like it had just had brakes, bearings and fluid done, which usually results in the tag being lost forever. I guess I will probably just throw some gears anda locker in it and throw it in the MJ and see what happens. Worst case I need to track down a housing and reuse the 3rd member.
DUstin

Post a picture, we can't tell you crap from the wms. Could be an early bronco axle or from many passenger cars. Search on google. You'll find more info about 9" housings and whats worth anything than you know what to do with. One good website has something to do with ford rangers.

Back