• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trailready Bumpers

kevinmerritt

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to get some feed back on this brand of bumper system. Also if anyone has any could you please give prices, the website did not have any prices for the optional stuff. Thanks and have a good one.

P.S. Post any pics if possible.

Thanks! Kevin

I have their front and rear bumpers on my ZJ..IMHO, they are some of the best looking bumpers out there. Be prepared to do some "custom" mods to them to ge them to fit just right.

Mark H. Helped me wrestle my rear bumper for about 4 hours and it was still not right...I have since modded the mounting brackets and now it looks great.

There are bumpers out there that are stouter, however if you are looking for a aesthetically pleasing bumper (obviously everyone has their own tastes) I think the TR bumpers are great,

a couple of things.

Be prepared to wait for your bumper, I waited 16 weeks for my rear, and about 8 for my front.

Be prepared to need to do some modding, ie shimming, and fitting to get them just right.

Break out your wallet

Basic bumpers are $699, tire carrier is $249, front/corner guards are $199.99, rear hitch is $99, light ports are $99..

so add it up..

Cherokeekid,

They are close to Boeing in Everett, not far from Bothell. You can give them a call or visit them.

IMO these bumpers look bad ass but, they are heavy and expensive.

Tim

I was about to add in the heavy part. I haven't seen them in person, but even my tomken with a spare in the back makes the ass end sag. Be prepared to spend a little cash to raise it back up. Then again, if you aren't scared by TRs initial price, its probably not too big of an issue.

PaulJ said:
Cherokeekid,

They are close to Boeing in Everett, not far from Bothell. You can give them a call or visit them.

Yeah I've been up there, I keep meaning to call of go up and ask. I just figured you might know off the top of your head. Cool guys BTW one of the guys spotted my wife through a rock garden at a local event, Larry even loaned her his helmet (required)

the bumpers arent that heavy....

the front is about 80lbs and the rear with tire carrier (tire not included) is about 85-90 lbs..

lighter than an arb front...

the rear taillight / corner guards are a $199 option

I have the front bumper with standard grille guard and light ports

I have the rear bumper (no corner guards) with swing away tire carrier, class 3 hitch

CheapXJ said:
aren't those the bumpers that look like a jungle gym hanging off your Jeep :confused:

why?!?

I was with a buddy of mine in his ZJ with front and rear TR bumpers with the guards we were on a steep side hill and he was able to ride the rear guard and side of the bumper on the wall next to us, he did'nt even get a scratch!

I was quoted $1000 for the bumper on the homepage for a XJ.
Hard to stomach :|
I just ordered a Hansen with pre runner option.
Hear/Tell from Wayne Hansen, that the new ones have "vents" in a horizontal pattern on the front. I should have it Monday!.
the bumper set me back $640.
I do like the flushed light option, but not for that price sheesh.
XJ-Front-rubicon-with-prer-.jpg

This is a pic without the new vents.

Back