• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

has anyone ever put their stock (body) XJ on it's side?!?! PART II

Capt. Nemo

NAXJA Member #904
I did it again, well pretty darn close.

It's holding up fine.

I had fun.

You would too.

Try it sometime.

OTSfront.jpg

otsrear.jpg

smashedsidefull.jpg

This is my favorite. A hole right through the sheetmetal! Who needs those bullet hole stickers, when you've got real holes.

holeindoor.jpg

I ended up breaking a u-joint. One of the caps of the bearing caps blew right off. I also twisted the splines of the same axle at the pinion. I bent the "B" pillar, but the windows rolled up (after some gentle persuasion) and the doors open and close okay.

wtf were you thinking, that is pretty awesome though. did you drive out of it?

I only have one question.......WHY??????

Looks like compensating for the lack of something. :eyes:

Brains or Balls, pick one

Okie Terry said:
Yeah,

Looks like you only drove it in there to get some body damage.

Not cool.

Just goes to show that we don't know each other very well.

I was taking a risk by straddling the ravine. Not looking for body damage since I just finished fixing the side from the last time it went over. I was about 30ft from the end when I slipped down in. The damage was done when it slipped so I tried driving a little (maybe 10ft.). I was nearly off of my side when the u-joint gave.

Hardcore??? No. Just not afraid to scratch and dent once in a while. Doors are cheap at the PnP on half price day :laugh3:

Alright, I'm done being defensive. I have a blast when I wheel. If it involves taking calculated risks, I'm game. Most of the time I come out ahead, the other times it just makes for good photos.

so was there anything good at the 4wheelparts customer appreciation day at Hollister? I heard Rubicon Express is going to be there tomorrow.

Bert said:
so was there anything good at the 4wheelparts customer appreciation day at Hollister? I heard Rubicon Express is going to be there tomorrow.

You'd think since I'm so harcore that I would know all about that. Somehow I missed their booth. Bummer. The guy with 38's and D35 must have found them though. He had their window banner across the top of his windshield.

Capt. Nemo said:
You'd think since I'm so harcore that I would know all about that. Somehow I missed their booth. Bummer. The guy with 38's and D35 must have found them though. He had their window banner across the top of his windshield.

i think that guy works at their shop. I heard RE might be giving away some stuff on Sunday, but probably still not worth my time and gas money.

Capt. Nemo said:
I didn't know Beezil was there.

Bert said:
i think that guy works at their shop. I heard RE might be giving away some stuff on Sunday, but probably still not worth my time and gas money.

It's half price day at the PnP today and tomorrow. I'll be picking up a couple of doors, a tail light, and misc stuff tomorrow...

Once it's fixed, I'll probably loose my hardcore status. :bawl:

man... that's some brutal road rash, hope you get it :repair: and decent lookin again :shocked:

man... I myself would never chance something like that with my Jeep, oh well, I guess to each their own.
:viking:

Back