• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hella 550 wiring?? blowing fuses?!!

schaff90xj

NAXJA Forum User
i am installing my hella's and everything seems to be hooked up right but i am still blowing the fuse on the relay? i ran the black wires to the lights and then grounded each light as shown in the illustration. the red wire runs to the battery. i grounded the blue one to the firewall. i ran the green wire to the fuse panel for another power source instead of hooking them directly into the high beams, this also is plugged into the inside switch. then the yellow to the inside switch and grounded the switch with the brown one. i must have something hooked up wrong because whenever i flip the switch it just blows the fuse on the relay?? anyone have experience with these lights?? the instructions aren't all that instructive?? any help would be great..

schaff90xj said:
i am installing my hella's and everything seems to be hooked up right but i am still blowing the fuse on the relay? i ran the black wires to the lights and then grounded each light as shown in the illustration. the red wire runs to the battery. i grounded the blue one to the firewall. i ran the green wire to the fuse panel for another power source instead of hooking them directly into the high beams, this also is plugged into the inside switch. then the yellow to the inside switch and grounded the switch with the brown one. i must have something hooked up wrong because whenever i flip the switch it just blows the fuse on the relay?? anyone have experience with these lights?? the instructions aren't all that instructive?? any help would be great..

You've got a bad ground somewhere man. Check them all.

I have all my "top secret Hella notes/diagrams" at my office, if you havent firgured it out by then, I can pass them on.

Brian

well, you were right..in the light itself there is a positive and negative and i had to put some electrical tape around the positive..thanks for the help fellas

Back