• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IL emissions test and fuel cells

Jaysheep

NAXJA Forum User
Has any one from IL that is running a fuel cell taken the emissions test? My heep is inoperable right now, so I got some time , but I got my emmisions notice last week (2 in 1 week, 1 for my ram and 1 for my heep). What do they do about the gas cap test if you have a cell, or do you just automatically fail for not having proper equipment???? They said I had 2 wait until the heep was 25 years old to get a "custom" vehicle permit. any insight would be appreciated....

Get a post office box outside of the six county insane asylum, and register the Jeep with that addy, and you don't have to do a emissions test. I live in the cornfields of IL, and don't have to test. Neither does SeanR and he lives in the back of a sheep farm.

w_howey said:
Get a post office box outside of the six county insane asylum, and register the Jeep with that addy, and you don't have to do a emissions test. I live in the cornfields of IL, and don't have to test. Neither does SeanR and he lives in the back of a sheep farm.

I don't mean to be a stickler for the rules , but this sounds a little deceitful. I am sure there is a huge fine if you get caught doing this, but I don't know for sure. I did get a warning in my ram for having a different address on my registration then what was on my license.
I have to get my ram tested too, but the abs light is one , so they won't do it.

I live in Virden which is south of springfield and I have no emissions tests either...thats weird that they only have some of IL do them....sorry I have no answer for your ?

Jaysheep said:
I don't mean to be a stickler for the rules , but this sounds a little deceitful.

ahem . . .
you live THAT close to the great state of Chicago . . . and you think a ghost PO Box to avoid BS emissions testing that the rest of the sheep in this asylum aren't saddled with is deceitful?

you really ought to consider moving south

I have to agree. You live by Daley's Rules, you are nothing more than another of Daley's Bitches.

You real happy about your plates being raised to $78?, now they want to raise them to $85. Or how about $65 for a title?????

So you get a PO Box and switch all your DMV stuff to it, big deal..

Oh, and yes Sean does live behind sheep. He calls them his baaabies.

What Rd (f.k.a. ArmStrong) said:
ahem . . .
you live THAT close to the great state of Chicago . . . and you think a ghost PO Box to avoid BS emissions testing that the rest of the sheep in this asylum aren't saddled with is deceitful?

you really ought to consider moving south

what does where I live have to do with how you or I feel about emissions tests. I live in round lake , Lake county not chicago, not cook county.

if anyone has any constructive points that say something other than just move or just break the law. I would be happy to hear them, but calling someone a bitch or telling them to move because of an emissions test is just ridiculous.

Jaysheep said:
if anyone has any constructive points that say something other than just move or just break the law. I would be happy to hear them, but calling someone a bitch or telling them to move because of an emissions test is just ridiculous.

Take it is and see what they say. What have you got to lose? You get three trys to pass, I think as long as the cap seals airtight, you should be fine.

Rev

Jaysheep said:

How is having a PO Box illegal? Noone said break any law. The Sec of State wants your addy on their records to match all of the records you have. Just because your Sec of State addy doesn't match where your head hits the pillow isn't illegal. Many apartment dwellers do exactly that, live in one building, have a PO Box in another due to security reasons.

I wasn't the one who invented the genius idea of having six counties test, but the other 96 not do it. Am I glad for it, hell yes. I wanted you to know there was a better way rather than always running around trying to listen to what YOUR Government told you was good for you.

seanR said:
All of my cars are registered to a P.O. Box.
The mail man wont come this fer past the end of the road.

been talking to the sheep, has he?

(or was that Jaysheep?)

Thanks for reminding me, the ZJ needs to go for an emissions test.

Here's a question, what happens if you don't do it?

I got the notice back in June, I think.

jeeze.

its not like its a hard test to pass....

if yer junk is runnin ghalf-way decent, you get the green.

Paula, imagine the SAT test, but only the part where you have to fill out your name, high school and home address....

like I said, it should be easy.

Back