• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Too much breeze??? No seriously....it's too much.

Black & Tan

NAXJA Forum User
This is going to sound strange, and it may only be affecting my Jeep, but here goes. When I'm driving my 97 Cherokee with the driver's window all the way down, I get a LOT of wind coming through the opening, so much so that it actually starts to feel uncomfortable. I can't do this with my infant son in the rear seat, the hair on his head is blowing all over the place and it definitely bothers him. I have not experienced this effect on any of my other cars or my older Jeep. I've hesitated to post this, because it is kind of silly, but it definitely affects my enjoyment and I don't want to continue to drive with my windows up or mostly up.

Do those plastic extensions for the door windows have any affect on this. Or is this something to get used to?

:shocked: Just roll them up... problem solved.

Yeah, yeah, I know. It's silly, really.

But the AC needs work, the evaporator is leaking and I'm not going to fix it until next season. Still need to get tires for the winter. That's more of a priority right now...

Do you have just the front windows open? I drive with all four down and rear passengers never complain that it's windy back there.

Yeah, just the front windows open. The wind that comes through is at ear height and higher in the drivers seat, and much lower at baby seat height.

Black & Tan said:
Yeah, just the front windows open. The wind that comes through is at ear height and higher in the drivers seat, and much lower at baby seat height.

Crack the rear windows. Adjust them till it's letting in the amount of air you want in the front.

Yeah, roll down all four its much more comfortable. I hate a/c and only use it when its really hot. Unless its really hot out when i ride down the interstate i put all four down and find it much more comfortable than just having my window down.

Edit: Yeah, I have power windows so that might be a PITA with manual windows.

Back