• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Redbird Run

METAL MONKEY

NAXJA Forum User
As discussed previously, it appears that several are interested in a run at Redbird. Since the Land of Lincoln run is next weekend, I figured a Redbird run on September 25 sounds good.

I am really looking forward to this. This will be basically my first major run, which should be a great learning experience. Also, I'm looking forward to meeting and making new friends.

I'm in... got clearance from the wife and everything! (I know, Beezil, I know...)

September is shaping up to be a busy one for me, not sure if I can make it. May be able to make a later run though. Redbird is comparable to the Badlands(not as much usable land, yet) with some pretty knarly runs, the place was wheeled at for years before the state took it over. Alot of mud, off cambers, and so on. I can't remember the name of the Jeep club that helped the state get it going, but they seemed like a great group when I met them.

I'm in.

Let's hope that nothing else happens like the last Badlands Run.

Might bring a TJ or 2 along if possible.

I'll be there too ...

Great to see you're making it up John. I've not see your rig since you've made your axle swap. Just make sure you tighten the lugs :D

Les

Thanks Les,

Hopefully the Jeep Gods smile on me that weekend, because I've had shit luck this year. :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Is there camping involved? Maybe an overnight?

I'm not sure if I am ... not made those kinds of plans yet ... but will if there if several are wanting to. Lawn Cher asked about camping, so I'd guess he's in for it. I'll check the web site and see if there is any camping close ... will let you know.

Les

I might be able to make it with 2 other jeeps besides mine. I will post for shure.
Taylor

Wonder if the MWC prez will grace us with his presence.

I'm still planning on it ... 9am sounds fine to me.

Les

See you there.

Hey HEX-J thats my club your talking about, 4WTF( 4 wheels to freedom) we have got at least a dozen clean up days involved in Redbird in a 3 year period, but i think it will be worth it. Bad part about Redbird is the locals are fighting the state real bad because they wheeled there for a decade for free now they have to pay and follow actual rules :eek:. One of the first weekends it was officially opened some one burned down the main bathroom.
The place is a BLAST so enjoy and let us know what you think or what can be improved on. Digger

Last edited:
Hey guys, have you seen the redbirdsra.com website. Said it had to close down this week, no insurance. Well looks like this run is down the toilet.

digger4u said:
Hey HEX-J thats my club your talking about, 4WTF( 4 wheels to freedom) we have got at least a dozen clean up days involved in Redbird in a 3 year period, but i think it will be worth it. Bad part about Redbird is the locals are fighting the state real bad because they wheeled there for a decade for free now they have to pay and follow actual rules :eek:. One of the first weekends it was officially opened some one burned down the main bathroom.
The place is a BLAST so enjoy and let us know what you think or what can be improved on. Digger

Gee, its only $10 to get in, what the hell are they crying about? Yeah, I heard about the bathrooms getting torched, but that they had caught the punks who did it. You guys did a great job out there, I enjoyed it, as well as everyone who was with me. Keep up the good work, and maybe someday I can make it for a cleanup.

XJONABUDGET said:
Hey guys, have you seen the redbirdsra.com website. Said it had to close down this week, no insurance. Well looks like this run is down the toilet.

Thanks for bring that to our attention. Did not know that. Seems their Insurance carrier went bankrupt. Hopefully they will have insurance soon ... maybe soon enough we won't have to cancel this run.

Les

Back