• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reciever shackle q's

GI-John

NAXJA Forum User
I have Front and Rear recievers, but up till now I've been using the hitch pin for recovery.

I have a shackle, and would like to make up a Reciever mount (like the commercial ones that cost almost 40 bones)

I plan to get a hunk of either steel or aluminum (2x2) and work it down till I can fit the shackle securely.

Would the aluminum be safe for this, or would you recommend I stay with steel?

What options are there to do this?

Thanks

Steel. Why go with aluminum? If its for weight, just remember that you can take it off anytime you want. I would just be leary of shearing the thing off in a hard sideways pull.

John-Boy said:
I have Front and Rear recievers, but up till now I've been using the hitch pin for recovery.

I have a shackle, and would like to make up a Reciever mount (like the commercial ones that cost almost 40 bones)

I plan to get a hunk of either steel or aluminum (2x2) and work it down till I can fit the shackle securely.

Would the aluminum be safe for this, or would you recommend I stay with steel?

What options are there to do this?

Thanks

I have an extra tomken one if you are interested - never used $20 + shipping... Different shackle though...

Matt

tmm-1545-d.jpg

John, go ahead and take it...the shipping killed it for me.

I have a piece of 2x2 tube, and the shackle....at first I wanted to just mill the solid piece down, but now I see how to make it work with what I have . Just gonna copy that design.

Thanks though,

John

Back