• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Caliper bolt change?

Ludakris

NAXJA Forum User
ok, so i got new caliper bolts to replace the ones I stripped. But they look different than what I pulled out. I have an 89, and the number is correct for an 89, but i am wondering if i have a late model and have 90 parts. The diameter and all is the same, as is the threads, the only difference is the one I took off has an extra 1/4 inch after the threads. Is this the 90' + design?

Actually I think that is the old stlye you may have already had the newer ones from a previous replacement. that extra lenght will cause problems if you have the newer type front brakes. Simply grind a bit off the end if the bolt contacts the rotor. I put that stlye in my '91 and after I put it back together the wheel wouldn't turn, end of the bolt was contacting the back of the rotor.

Tony

tchase said:
Actually I think that is the old stlye you may have already had the newer ones from a previous replacement. that extra lenght will cause problems if you have the newer type front brakes. Simply grind a bit off the end if the bolt contacts the rotor. I put that stlye in my '91 and after I put it back together the wheel wouldn't turn, end of the bolt was contacting the back of the rotor.

Tony
yeah I had to do that myself. I have 91? 93? front axle and brakes from my 98 and the bolts of a 97. About 10 seconds on the grinding wheel fixed the bolts :D

maybe I explained it wrong. The bolts I got to replace are shorter
than the ones i took out. I dont have to grind anything. I want to know if i will have a problem not having that extra "tip" on the bolt....

Back