• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Option????

HardAsARock

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everybody Im new here, so im not sure if this would be the right section for this question, if it isnt sorry, well anyway...
I just sent my info to jeep to see all the options my 91 jeep had from the factory and the 4th one down said "Rubicon Group". Does anybody know what this option consists of? I'd appreciate any help from you guys!

Thanks,
Katy B.

It's a good possibility with a Jeep of that era that the current codes are shown instead of the ones in use at that time. Many of the older AMC and Chrysler codes have expired or been superseded and current Daimler-Chrysler ones are in use. There have been a number of htreads about this in the past, try searching for build sheet

Yucca-Man said:
It's a good possibility with a Jeep of that era that the current codes are shown instead of the ones in use at that time. Many of the older AMC and Chrysler codes have expired or been superseded and current Daimler-Chrysler ones are in use. There have been a number of htreads about this in the past, try searching for build sheet
yeah I am pretty sure they reuse those cause some of the descriptions do not make sense in relation to the particular years.

Yeah I agree with you there, that's a possibility. But wouldn't jeep have like an archive of some sort with the codes from the year of your vehicle?? Everything on the list matches up with the jeep, with the exception of the alt. I never bothered to pay attention to that. Here's the email I got(well some of it, it was 2 pages long!):

Dear Katy:

Thank you for your email to DaimlerChrysler Motors Corporation regarding
your Cherokee.

According to our records, your vehicle was equipped from the factory
with the following:

Seats - Leather Trimmed Buckets
Trailer Tow Group
Monotone Paint
Rubicon Group
130 Amp Alternator
Power Front Disc/Rear Drum Brakes
Seats - Low Back Bucket