• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

92 getting too hot

KGB

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking its the thermostat or radiator. The top and bottom hoses feel like they have alot of presure in them. Has anyone had a Spectra 3 row radiator? I got a quote for $129 for that or $139 for a GDI. Is a 92 supposed to be a closed system & at what temp is the electric fan supposed to kick on? Mine has a recovery tank that is not presurized. Does it matter if the thermostat has the hole in it? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks,Brian

I was having overheating problems and when I went to look at it it was because I was low on coolant. I looked into that. I was low on coolant becasuse the cap was leaking. Ok I get a new cap. Fill the coolant. And done deal. I then go on a weekend trip and I am like 2 hours down a dirt loging road (stampede pass if anyone know it) we were looking for a ghost town that was down in there. And then my upper rad. hose blows up. There was a hole in the middle of the hose and coolant was flying everywhere. I didnt know what to do so I flip the switch on the rad. cap and sent the excess coolant to the tank. I had to do a trail repair. Duct tape arroudn the entire hose an then filled up the rad. with filtered river water. Closest parts store was like 2 hours away. Made it to, goin up the pass had to spot a couple times and filler up but going down the pass was a sommth ride.

Back