• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 Laredo cruise

superscythe

NAXJA Forum User
The cruise does not work on my '89 Cherokee Laredo. I can't even find a fuse for it on the fuse block under the dash. It seems I was also told there is a relay for the cruise behind the battery on the wheel well. Any ideas as how to get this working? I know that vaccuum lines may be a problem area, also.

Thanks all.

My cruise in my 91 didn't work for a long time or at least it worked every once in awhile. One day I finally figured out what was wrong, I just had to jiggle the wires that come out of the base of the turnsignal/CC stalk. Whenever it doesn't work I just jiggle it some more.

Check your vacuum reservoir bottle which sits inside the passenger side of your bumper... mine actually fell off at one point. Also check for vacuum leaks in other places, I found a couple on my '92 XJ.

Check the cable where it attaches to the throttle. Mine doesnt work and its cause the cable fell off the arm??? i guess thats what it should be called. its right next to the throttle body.

Back