• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get a fan shroud?

Backdraft

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know where to get a fan shroud for a 90 XJ besides the stealership and a junkyard?? That is, of course, if they exist elsewhere.

Groovy, thanks 5-90. Does crown have a website? And anyone else with any other suggetions feel free to speak up.

Thanks

Mike

I'm not a cheerleader for the dealer but they only charged me about $18 for the shroud for my '89,

18 bucks?!?!?!?! SWEEET. I'm a fan of all things cheap.....LOL Actually the jeep club I am in here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area has a dealership that gives club members all a 10% discount on parts and stuff. I'll be giving them a call 1st thing in the morning if thats the kind of price i hear. Thanks for the info.

Yep, the fan shrouds aren't expensive. My dealer charged me about $12 for one, but that has been several years ago.

For what it's worth, I've had excellent success repairing them with plastic epoxy from NAPA . . . .

Well, I called the dealership and yer right, $18.50 minus 10%. Thats the kinda price i like to hear..LOL Anyway, I'll be picking it up tomorrow when it comes in. Thanks for your help guys. Now i need the GDI 3 row for a 93, Flowkooler WP, new hoses, new t-stat, newer heater valve, new fan and clutch, and about a days worth of flushing. Maybe that'll keep the temps down. If not, it's time for the 12 gauge to take care of it.........LOL

Mike

Back