• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Indianapolis Guys

METAL MONKEY

NAXJA Forum User
I've been seeing quiet a few nicely done xj's lately. Just wanted to see if anyone around indy would like to have some sort of a meet and greet and maybe a trail run. Just recently got some tow points, so I'm itching to do some harder runs.
Also, has anyone run the trails at Dugger just south of Terre Haute?

well right now my jeep is currently just allowed to be on a trailer till i get the front end fixed. i would be more than happy to have a meet and greet and have a good trail run. i need one by damn

Come on guys. I know there are more people around indy than just a couple.

Muddin have you even ran the short trail down in brown county. It's just past the very small town of Story. I've done half of it myself, and have ridden through all of it one other time. It isn't anything special, but it's good for a nearby place to spend an afternoon.

Most of the guys in Indiana do not run the generators that power thier homes full time. Give them a few days to fire-up the old buggers and get on-line over that new fangled telephone thing and I am sure you will get replies. It may take longer because Wednesday is the weekly "Bark Boil" at the town square.

Rev

Fuel90 said:
Come on guys. I know there are more people around indy than just a couple.

Muddin have you even ran the short trail down in brown county. It's just past the very small town of Story. I've done half of it myself, and have ridden through all of it one other time. It isn't anything special, but it's good for a nearby place to spend an afternoon.

got my old generator fired up here...

that trail in Brown County is my playground, called Combs Road. It's a good time, you just have to try a little harder to have fun (do stupid stuff). I've been running it since I was stock, and I still like to go out there (fully locked w/33's).

Anyway...I'd be glad to host a mini-run there in Brown County sometime...

Pat

Come on guys.

Indy is a big town, there is no reason y'all cant have a get together every other month or so.

But you really need to turn those names RED!

Just got back from the "bark boil," had a good Ol' time!

I live 45 mins Northwest of Indy in Westpoint. I went down to Redbird(Dugger) a few months ago, the place is pretty fun, plenty of mud and some pretty knarly trails as well. I'd be down for some greetin and wheelin sometime, but only if I can bring my banjo!

Rev Den said:
Most of the guys in Indiana do not run the generators that power thier homes full time. Give them a few days to fire-up the old buggers and get on-line over that new fangled telephone thing and I am sure you will get replies. It may take longer because Wednesday is the weekly "Bark Boil" at the town square.
HEX-J said:
I'd be down for some greetin and wheelin sometime, but only if I can bring my banjo!
Dang ... now all we need is a jug, guitar, and wash-tub bass, and we can have a real good time! I'll bring the bales of straw!

Hey ... Indiana Boys ... don't worry about those :conceited Illinois Suckers ... they spend way too much time glorifying themselves by spewing BS. Just let them wallow in their "sophistication" ... :D

A Redbird Run in the near future sounds good. This would be a good way to introduce some of the non-members to NAXJA.

Les

Last edited:
I'm in for anything. Would be nice to meet more local xj-ers (or any at all).

Yeah I know. The money for the membership isn't the problem. It's convincing the wifey that it would be worth while. I think I ought to send in the money and just don't tell her. ;)
A mini-run down on combs rd in brown county would be great, and so would a run to Redbird. I'm new to wheelin', so any experience for me will be a great one. I'm ready to learn the ropes from the best. :)
Anyways, how does a meet 'n greet and trial run in the middle or end of September sound?

Fuel90 said:
Yeah I know. The money for the membership isn't the problem. It's convincing the wifey that it would be worth while. I think I ought to send in the money and just don't tell her. ;)

Another one whose wife has his ballz in her purse.

:laugh2:

Fuel90 said:

It is $35.00!

Scott and I drank that much beer in one morning!

Fuel90 said:
I'm new to wheelin', so any experience for me will be a great one. I'm ready to learn the ropes from the best. :)
Anyways, how does a meet 'n greet and trial run in the middle or end of September sound?

Well Fuel90 ... I'm not so sure you'd be learning from the best, but we sure have a good time, meet knew people, and it gives us an opportunity to learn what our XJ's can and cannot do.

I've not been to Redbird yet. Has anyone been there enough to be somewhat familiar with the area?

Les

seanR said:
Yea! I live in Durand! Sophistication ozzes from my pores!
SeanR ... I wondered what that smell was at Carnagefest ... I knew it was you but I thought it was coming from a different kind of "pore" :moon:

Les

Back