• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Hubs

HossHoffer

NAXJA Forum User
:confused: Oops, I recently made a post advising someone to save money by getting their hub bearings pressed in by the machine shop. My apologies. That said, my bearings are shot and I need to find a better price for hub assemblies than NAPA at $150 a pop. Do I dare find some good ones at the pull-n-save or is that too risky? Are there upgrades I can buy that someone has tried?

Hoss,

Do a search on P/N 53000228, it the Jeep part number for the hubs we use on our XJs. That how I found the best price on the web. When I pulled off the factory hubs I found the had SKF bearings, the new ones also had SKF bearings.

Also look at places like quadratec.com, rockauto.com, napaonline.com to see what price you can find.

HTH

Martin

FYI, Quadratec's Spring 2003 catalog lists the hubs at $129.95 each.

I lucked out and found one that was pretty new at my local pull-a-part. I think they charged me $8.50 It might be worth checking.

i just bought timkens for $94 a piece(with a 10% store discount) at ABC auto discount. not sure if i needed them, but for the price i picked them up anyway.

if anybody is from philly area, the store is next to the upper darby home depot on baltimore pike.

I will sell factory new jeep hubs part#53000228 if thats the correct hub (I did not look it up) for $143.00 plus shipping!:bunny:

89xj said:
if anybody is from philly area, the store is next to the upper darby home depot on baltimore pike.

THREAD HIJACK!

89XJ, if you're from the Philly area, I trust you are planning on attending NACFest 2003 at Paragon the weekend following Memorial Day. Check the NAC Forum and the Events forum for further info.

Back