• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gauge Cluster Problems - One More Time...

STL Enterprises

NAXJA Forum User
I got the impression that the connector to be replaced on an intermittently functioning gauge cluster was a TSB or Recall. Some posts mention a redesigned part. My Chrysler dealer DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ANY OF IT! Does someone have a PART NUMBER or TSB NUMBER or RECALL NUMBER - I want to make sure I don't go to the trouble of replacing a faulty connector with another identical piece!

Thanks...

It is common for dealers to state "We know nothing about that"..... when they dont want to assume resposibility for a problem.
The TSB number is 31198 or something like that....
I had the local dealer to this TSB on my 98 which requires the replacement of both BUS connectors behind the instrument cluster and solder each connector wire.

if you went to a chrysler only dealer, they may not be familiar with that. it is a jeep only problem. however they have access to the same data base and can pull up any tsb on jeeps as well as chrysler cars. it is not a recall though. if it is not a jeep dealer they probably wont have the connector and would have to get it from a jeep dealer. if you choose to have the dealer do the job, insist that they solder the new wiring. i have re-repaierd many connectors that have been replaced but not soldered.

Back