• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel leak

Abugarcia

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have been trying to fix a under hood fuel leak for a week or so and I finally got to the dealer and bought an o-ring kit for my injectors. Put it all togather this morning and the injectors don't leak. The problem is now at the end of the fuel rail where it meets the regulator it leaks. Is there an o-ring or some kind of seal that I can replace there?

Thanks

jldiaz said:
Didn´t your kit come with two extra o-rings?. Mine did.

These are for the pressure regulator at the end of the fuel rail.

Thanks, I just replaced the o-ring and put a stop to that leak. Only problem is now I can see one of the injectors leaking again. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I have had the fuel rail off twice and I will probally do it again. Does anyone have any tips on this or advice on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

im assuming your jeep is between a 87 and 90 since you have the fuel pressure regulator. those injectors are prone to leaking from the wire connector also. to verify this just unplug the connector while it is running and see if fuel seeps out from the electrical contacts. factory injectors are over $100 each. so shop around or check other posts for other injector options

Back