• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

one(a) headlight is dim

X Factor

NAXJA Forum User
noticed driver side light would dim slightly at times but always come back. the other day it went dim all the time. in dash when lights are on my left turn signal light is lit. when i turn left it makes the turnsignal and dash signal blink really fast. running/turn light works properly and sidemarker works right and i replaced both headlights and problem still exists.
i'm at a loss.

Clean the connection... Also try and move the bulb when u got the lights on....if it gets brighter while you do that then its a loose socket. Thats happened to be before

well, i checked connections and all are ok. i even changed bulbs in turn/sidemarker and still hasn't come back.
now what?? hate to take to dealer or someplace for something i may have overlooked.

check the fluid, sounds like it might to be changed

Check the condition of the connector for the front harness, which lives near the bulkhead beneath the air filter box. It's a favorite place for corrosion. I've gotten used to taking mine apart every year or so and greasing it. When we got my stepson's 93, one of the contributors to the cheap price was that this connector was corroded beyond repair. On my 87 we had to bypass a couple of pins too.

Back