• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long arm materials>>>>the missing link

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
Ive got everything else and Im almost done except for the bushing sleeves.I need some 2 5/8"x.188" wall DOM,anyone have a source for that???

Yeah, I can order a full stick but when I only need two 3" pieces that alot of bucks!

Thanx,this is really starting to become a headache and hold things up.Ive called all over the US,its kind of a bastard child in size!

Modesto Steel will carry it and they sell it by the foot so you dont need to buy a lot. (209) 526-5306. They do have a $25 minimum purchase though.

The link to the place I sent you, will sell you even a sliver of tubing if thats all you need. Though cutting fees do add up :(

XJguy

We have a winner!Thanks to all of you guys,particularly XJ Guy!Its on its way from Valley Steel!

Again, thanks to all of you ! At this point in time I took the first person that answered the phone and said "no problem".I ordered 2' and it was 38$ to my door.Got the adjustable end with JJ's done today so I can concentrate on the crossmember and get some sleep(no worry's) while I wait for the tubing for the sleeves to come in.

Last edited:
Well here goes another lost week.I called Factory Steel today to see where my order was,I found out that they "didnt" have it!So I called Modesto Steel,they say they got it,we'll see

Thanks,I checked out their site.They dont show it but Ill bookmark them for next time!

Are you still planning to use the OEM style rubber bushings? And if so, Will you have to have that tubing machined for the step? I finally got chance to check out the factory ones and see the step you were talking about.

Rubicon Express sells the Barrels for the Stock rubber CA bushings..

they are only like $6 each and machined for the bushings...

When I ordered my JJ's and XD uppers from RE 2 weeks ago, I asked them about buying some sleeves,they said they dont sell them.Now in their 2003 catalog they show a new design sleeve and poly/rubber bushing! As far as needing any additional machining, I dont know yet,were only talking about another .030" and that may press in!

They will press in but I'm not sure if it will afect the flex and life of them . I did it a couple of years ago when building a set of arms for my jeep before I got lazy and bought a set.

I was also thinking of building some adjustable upper and lowers but a friend of mind is going long arm in the front and rear of his XJ so he sold me all four RE adjustable control arms for $200. So instead of doing the work I just decided to buy them.

Joe

Back