• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stalling under hard acceleration ??

MATTVW65

NAXJA Forum User
yes i did a serch...
i have a 91 4.0 5 speed.
when on the gas fairly hard 3000 + rpm. the whle jeep lerches like it just dropped the tranny. then back fires and dies. pull over to the side of the road wait less than a min. it will start back up and im on my marry way. just as long as i do not open her up. i just got back fome a 5000 + mile trip. drove the jeep to florida from utah. and no problems the whole time. was out side of evenston wyoming. when this started. seems to be getting worse. :wow:

matt

long shot but it could be your cat has come apart and under hard acceleration the broken piece gets flipped up and blocks the exhaust flow causing your problem just a quick guess though...Clint it did happen to me..... :eek:

I had almost the same symptoms and no check engine light to my 94 XJ a few months ago It turned out to be the fuel pump. Get your fuel pressure checked out.

Back