• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do I remove the instrument panel/dash on my 1998 XJ?

EdwardNorth

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

I searched but couldn't find anything. I am trying to put the finishing touches on my 242 T-case swap and I need to track down the full time wire. I don't want to rip apart the harnesses in the engine bay so I was hoping to start tracing from the Full-Time light itself back as far as I could.

How do you remove the instrument cluster on '97 and up XJs?

Thanks guys!

Disconnect battery ground cable. Remove climate control trim which goes around the center vents, radio and climate control center (pull at bottom to remove). Remove kick panel below the steering column, lower steering column (if adjustable). Uncouple the rubber boot around steering column, push blue button on side of headlight switch and pull knob outward to remove, remove trim around instrument cluster (remove screws and pull outward) then remove several screws and gently pull cluster outward to unsnap from buss connectors. Install in reverse order.

Charles

Back