• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is this?

Kejtar said:
I think it's your receiver for the keyless entry.

Seems kinda big for that, though. Even the old infrared receivers some cars used in a similar location weren't much larger than, say, half the size of a pack of cigarettes.

It looks like it's held in place with a couple of screws at the front. Any chance you could remove them and get a photo of what's inside?

You can always splice and run the wires to the rear hatch and add a switch to open your doors from the rear.

That's you keyless entry module. The locks will still work if you remove it but won't work if you try to use the keyless entry unless you're using a different aftermarket wireless system.

I have the one with the little "hidden camera" looking bubble. I tell my kids it is Santa's closed circuit t.v. to tell if they are being naughty or nice.

I removed mine and used the wires to power my ceiling mounted CB.
I had to take the headliner down and run my own cross-member(?) to mount/support the CB though. (But I was taking my headliner down to refinish it because it was sagging, so it wasnt that bad)

jfiscus said:
I removed mine and used the wires to power my ceiling mounted CB.
I had to take the headliner down and run my own cross-member(?) to mount/support the CB though. (But I was taking my headliner down to refinish it because it was sagging, so it wasnt that bad)

Did the same thing this evening. Kinda. My Cobra CB is small enough that it mounted to the factory crossmember just fine. I'll post some pics... someday. Thanks for all of your help.

P.S. it did turn out to be a spy camera. Just in case anyone else has the same question.

tjl1388 said:
I have the one with the little "hidden camera" looking bubble. I tell my kids it is Santa's closed circuit t.v. to tell if they are being naughty or nice.

:laugh: :roflmao: :roflmao: :laugh:

BET that keps them in LINE !!

Back