• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What set-up for towing & maybe 30" tires?

mike(nj)

NAXJA Forum User
I did a search but couldn't find any info I was looking for so here goes.....I installed a class 3 hitch on my '95 cherokee country & have been doing alot of towing. I sometimes have as many as 5 passengers, loaded full of gear and a 12ft trailer full of quads, etc. pulling thru the woods. I'm thinking I need some lift in the rear(and maybe in the front) so the rear doesn't ride so low.

I was reading somewhere on this board about s10 rear spring.....I have a pair of s10 add-a-leafs, will they bolt in? Thanks for any help!

mike(nj) said:
I did a search but couldn't find any info I was looking for so here goes.....I installed a class 3 hitch on my '95 cherokee country & have been doing alot of towing. I sometimes have as many as 5 passengers, loaded full of gear and a 12ft trailer full of quads, etc. pulling thru the woods. I'm thinking I need some lift in the rear(and maybe in the front) so the rear doesn't ride so low.

I was reading somewhere on this board about s10 rear spring.....I have a pair of s10 add-a-leafs, will they bolt in? Thanks for any help!

Not sure about the S10 springs, but Dodge Dakota springs work well. Check out http://www.cheapxj.com/tech.html for some info.

Fergie

You can always put in some cheap add-a-leafs in the rear to stiffen it up and lift it a little, and a 1.75" coil spacer in the front to level it out.

What you need is a way to stiffen the rear end when you're towing, but put it back to stock when you're not. In a word, airbags.

Ok, I did some more looking around and found Rusty's budget boost lift kit. It looks like just what I need. Anyone do this kit before? Do I need new shocks? Thanks, mike

Back