• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sand Dunes in Rosarito Mexico?

tcm glx

NAXJA Member #1033
I know there are some san dunes just south of ROsarito Mexico, any other places that anyone knows of in that area? Taking a four day weekend in rosarito soon and of course would like to wheel a little.

Also, has anyone actually done those sand dunes?

I've seen it from Lobster Village. Looks like a fun summer time vacation - right next to the ocean. Its about 3 mi south of Lobster Village. Saw a bunch of cars/trucks pulling trailers full of ATVs going north so they might have been there.

A tow truck driver told me you pay to play and you can camp there. Other than that thats all I know.

Maybe you should set up a socal jambo down there - some kind of international naxja event.

Those dunes suck! When I was there I saw big chunks of concrete with rebar sticking out partly buried by the sand. They are also very small. You might like to cruise it for like 45 minutes( its $5 american) or so but its no Pismo and certainly not a Glamis. There are some sick trails in the hill/mountains outside Ensenada. I would check out Tierra Del Sols webpage for more details on Mexico wheeling.

Thanks for the info. I've never been there so its good to hear from some one first hand. Rebar in the sand = sounds like a greenie tactic to me.

Back