• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What shocks with Rusty's 4.5" kit?

SV1CEC

NAXJA Forum User
Folks,

I am running Rusty's 4.5" kit, which is actually about 6" on my truck. The white shocks that Rusty's shipping with the kit, leave a lot to be desired. If you grab the shock's body near the shaft and shake it, they move a lot. My fronts are actually moving about 2 cm around. In the pciture below, you can see the angle of the shaft compared to the shock's body.

24.jpg

I talked with Rusty and he said that this is normal, somehow I was not convinced. I am therefore looking for alternatives. Given the fact that I live in Athens, Greece, I would prefer something off-the-shelf. I checked with Rancho and I found some front ones, but nothing for the rear, at least not with the bar pins I still have.

So my question is:

What shocks do you suggest I should go with (part numbers would really be welcome). I need something with about 15" compressed length, 25" extended length for the front, I still haven't measured the rear one though.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Rgds

Back