• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Difference Between Sport and Classic

BuGG

NAXJA Forum User
I was just wondering what the difference was between the 00-01 sport and classic are. I only can tell that the classic has painted bumpers and diffrent rims. Does the sport come with the overhead console? Any help would be great!

BuGG

BuGG said:
I was just wondering what the difference was between the 00-01 sport and classic are. I only can tell that the classic has painted bumpers and diffrent rims. Does the sport come with the overhead console? Any help would be great!

BuGG
Sport had a manual tranny basic AW4 was upgrade, classic had aw4 from the getgo. I think that the overhead console was not an option for a sport while on a classic you could get it as an option. Also IIRC power seats and leather were an option on the classic while the sport was plain fabric stuff.

two piece seats were only available on Classic and Limited. I think I've actually seen them in cloth. Not all are leather. Mine are leather, but not very impressive leather. The power is nice for my wife 4 foot 10!

I don't know if the overhead console was an option on the Sports, but it definitely wasn't standard as my '01 Sport does not have one. I have heard more than one person say that no manual tranny '01s were built but I can guarantee you that is not true--I drove one to work this morning!

Now, what's this about two-piece seats? Are you talking about a split rear seat? If you're talking about folding front seats, my '01 Sport has them. If you're talking about a rear seat that splits, so that you can fold down half and leave half up, I'd sure like to find one!

dmillion said:
If you're talking about folding front seats, my '01 Sport has them. If you're talking about a rear seat that splits, so that you can fold down half and leave half up, I'd sure like to find one!

I think he might be referring to front seats with separate headrests. I've also got an '01 Sport, and the seat backs are the single-piece tombstone style with integrated headrests.

IIRC the stick shift was manufactured in teh first part of the manufacturing but towards the end they only made automatics.
Also if it's like a split bench I thought those didn't exist for XJ's.

dmillion said:
I don't know if the overhead console was an option on the Sports, but it definitely wasn't standard as my '01 Sport does not have one. I have heard more than one person say that no manual tranny '01s were built but I can guarantee you that is not true--I drove one to work this morning!

Now, what's this about two-piece seats? A
re you talking about a split rear seat? If you're talking about folding front seats, my '01 Sport has them. If you're talking about a rear seat that splits, so that you can fold down half and leave half up, I'd sure like to find one!

Back