• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

13mm Hex Key Wrench???

Professor Bobo

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to be repairing my oil filter adaptor and need a 13mm hex key to do it. Haven't found anyone who goes beyond 10mm! I've been to Craftsman, Harbor Freight, Advanced Auto, AutoZone, NAPA, Tractor Supply, and a John Deer Dealer/Repair shop. plus a few privately owned hardware stores. Nuthin'!
Any Ideas?
Thanx

That seems to be an oddball number. All the large sets I've seen have 12 and 14 but skip 13mm.

While on an errand to Ace Hardware a short while ago I took a look at their hex tools. They sell individual keys...but...they skip 13mm as well!!

Maybe you could use a 1/2-inch key instead being careful not to strip out the hex hole.

Looks like I'm gonna being my adapter soon too.

Professor Bobo said:
I'm going to be repairing my oil filter adaptor and need a 13mm hex key to do it. Haven't found anyone who goes beyond 10mm! I've been to Craftsman, Harbor Freight, Advanced Auto, AutoZone, NAPA, Tractor Supply, and a John Deer Dealer/Repair shop. plus a few privately owned hardware stores. Nuthin'!
Any Ideas?
Thanx

I think your looking for a 14mm, here's a link on what I did with my 93'

http://home.comcast.net/~cdutke/oilfilter/oilfilter.htm

I belive it's not just the 14mm allen, I believe there is also a torx deep inside.

HTH

great idea!

The bolt trick can work, but 9/16 is not the exact size. I also had a hell of a time getting that flange off. I had to buy the allen wrench. As you can see in my picture, the allen wrench would not fit, so I cut off a piece and used a 14mm socket on the other end.

It's definitely 14mm, if anyone gets really desparate, I could cut off another piece and mail it to you. I fgure $5.00 + postage.

I recall using Google to find the obscure website where I foun my 14mm allen.

I have a socket hex set from Home Depot = HUSKY Brand, made by Stanley Profesional Tools...
13mm Hex Drive Socket

5441-6M_72dpi_thumb.jpg

94 HO took a 14 mm hex , my adaptor was extremely tight required a long pipe extension, and was about to give up after putting ridiculous strain on this fastener. Then it loosened with several snaps, it resisted being removed most of the way it seems the O rings stick to the housingassembled easily with plenty of grease. Parts are cheap at dealer.

Back