• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A trail Run Difficulty Question

mtnranger

NAXJA Forum User
A bunch of friends from work are doing a run on sept.12,13,14. Some of them have full size new pickups and I'm wondering if the trails I've put together for the run are too tough for them (width or body damage likely). I'm planning on from Bailey to Handcart, Webster, St.John, Swan Middlefork, Mosquito, Hagerman, TAYLOR PASS, Reno Divide, Cumberland, Alpine Tunnel, Hancock, Pomerly Lakes to St. Elmo and back to Bailey. I think Taylor maybe the problem?

I can guarantee you some brush pinstriping if you run Taylor. Just went over it yesterday. You will have to pick your lines because of clearance issues.

Also pinstriping on Pomeroy lakes is possible - especially with full size p/u's. But otherwise the trails you've listed can be run in a stocker without too much difficulty, maybe needing a strap in a place or two.

We ran them with a Dodge Hemi, my XJ, and a Landrover. Handcart (Webster) was tight for the Dodge 1500 full size but no body damage. St. john had a huge tree down that we had to dodge but was ok other than that. Swan had loose rock down to Georgia Pass to Tiger run. Didn't do Mosquito or Hargerman due to weather that evening. Did Taylor Pass Sun. morn. no pin striping and pretty easy creek entrance now (no rubbing). Italian creek to cement to Almont was ok. Cumberland was ok, Han**** was rougher than expected but no problems. Great runs, no breakdowns.

Back