• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

went swimming at the badlnds sunday

G.B. 98 XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I took a wrong turn(thanks to my dad) and sunk the XJ big time. Thankfuly its only rained like 4" last weak. The water was over the seats, and took almost 2 hours to extract it. When I steped out into the hole I was chest deep the coldest water I've had the misfortune to step in. When we were free from the deepths of hell
she fired right up and to the trailer we went. So far all is good.

Oh sure...blame Pops!

Sawks you sunk the Jeep...that carpet is a biatch to dry out (trust me, I know) that's why my junk has none...and drain holes in the floorboards (don't use the plug-in drill :eek:

At least with it cold, the cottonmouths weren't out like when I dunked mine.

Glad you had no major carnage...be sure to drain ALL those fluids, more than once if need be.

2 HOURS!?!??!? you better drain everything. I'm sure the soup in your diffs is going to be a tasty brew. If i were you I would drain and flush everything, twice. the engine runs and that is great, but thats not how power gets to the ground. After that much time underwater your u-boat needs some time to dry out and some nice lube to make everything better again. Your carpet is another story.

Badlands smells like shizlle anyhow....the water even worse! I would pull your carpet and bomb the xj w. green trees.

chewy

Back