• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drilling the UCA mounts on the 5.5 RE extreme kit

turdles

NAXJA Forum User
RE gives you grade 8 bolts to replace the stock UCA mounts bolts. The RE bolts are 1/2" and the stock ones are smaller. Do i need to drill out the stock holes to fit the 1/2" bolt or will my stock bolt be fine?

turdles said:
RE gives you grade 8 bolts to replace the stock UCA mounts bolts. The RE bolts are 1/2" and the stock ones are smaller. Do i need to drill out the stock holes to fit the 1/2" bolt or will my stock bolt be fine?
Mine bolted in fine.

turdles said:

Are you speaking of having to drill out the stock mount to bolt in the drop brackets? If that is your question then yes you need to drill it out. I had to drill mine out and numerous others with the drop brackets had to do the same.

-Mike

Big Jeep 101 said:
Are you speaking of having to drill out the stock mount to bolt in the drop brackets? If that is your question then yes you need to drill it out. I had to drill mine out and numerous others with the drop brackets had to do the same.

-Mike
oh... if this is a drop bracket issue then I retract my statement... I got no clue.

Back