• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Light Problems

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
The lights on my visors dont work nor do the lights on my overhead console. the lights at my feet work and the light in the back works. i checked for blown fuses in the kick panel and under the hood, one under the hood was blown and i replaced it but they still dont work. also my check engine light is on, but its probably not related. btw it is a 99 without power anything if it matters. thanks

ramsey

HELP! I cant see in the dark

I don't have a console, so I will likely be of little help. Being that it is all the overhead lighting that isn't working, have you checked for a shorted wire or bad ground (wherever they ground them up there)? Did you re-check to see if the fuse popped again? Anything preclude this? IE, "I was wiring up a new radio, then afterwards I noticed..." . Did you check for a toasted switch (if they are all on one switch)? I am trying here...

-Rich

ramsey i would check that fuse again too. if i'm correct our curtosy lights have power to them all the time and when you open a door the switch compleats the circut by conecting the ground. acually i think all door lights work like that on all cars. if i new whAT fuse it was i would do some exparmenting for you but mine never came with a diagram. the fuse cover says to check the owners manual and the owners manual says to look on the cover. i tried to find the fuse by pulling each one out, and seeing if they went out, but they never went out.

well i have the button for the door disconnected since i take them off when i wheel. but the headlight switch still works, it turns the one on around my feet and in the back just not hte overhead or the ones on the visors. i put a new fuse in and they still did not come on and fuse was fine, and no new electrical things. hope someone can offer some insight

nope its just a light back there

Back