• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broken transfer case.

jimmythecow

NAXJA Forum User
You guys dont know me, but Swoop was my old roommate and got me into jeeps. so he turned me on to this forum. anyways i have 92 xj w/ a mp-235 transfer case. it broke not so long ago. and i mean broke! the case exploded and the chain dropped out on the ground. so needless to say i havent been driving it. but due to a bad sitution i have to drive this jeep to get to work to get $$ to fix the jeep... anyways. my Q is now that there is pretty much NO guts in the trans case can i still drive this? i know the bearings are going to get hot on the case, but how hot? i know i should just go get this fixed. but i have no $$ (im short rent by 75 actually)

so can i still drive this for a week or so till payday then fix it? or will it just chew itself to bits?
thnx for the help

I dont think you will get far with it claymored & dry... but folks amaze me every day with things they do.

You likely have a NP231 23 spline input case... sell some blood and get one from a junkyard.

bicycle?

Back