• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

possible solutions??

slikinchiken

NAXJA Forum User
on my xj, the brakes are gone....i thought it was leaking somewhere so i filled the master cylinder...a week later it is still full...the brakes will pump up and as soon as i stop and then press them again, it's right back to the floor...also in reverse (going very slow) the brakes do not work at all but in forward when i press them and they go to the floor, it will jerk to a stop (not sure if this will help).....could it be that i just need to bleed or could the master be bad?? any info would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

brian

Try bleeding them first. Start with the wheel furthest away from the MC, then work to the next furthest. You should end with the drivers front. If that does not help, I would check the wheel cylinders in the rear to see if they are working properly. Worst case is you have a bad MC.

I would check the wheel cylinders. They might be leaking. It they are, and the fluid gets on the shoes the jeep will stop abruptly. Brake fluid makes the shoes grab alot harder when going slow. I used to lock up my rears on dry pavement!!
~Joe~ JMHO

Back