• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock window tint differences

Bounty Hunter

NAXJA Forum User
Can anybody explain the window tint differences available on the XJ? Any info on the web on this?

I've got a '93 XJ Country and it's got a unique tint, more mirrored and brown than other XJ trim packages I've seen. Is there a number anywhere on the glass to determine the tint type?

Bounty Hunter said:
Can anybody explain the window tint differences available on the XJ? Any info on the web on this?

I've got a '93 XJ Country and it's got a unique tint, more mirrored and brown than other XJ trim packages I've seen. Is there a number anywhere on the glass to determine the tint type?

I think it is factory bronze... according to the Llumar tint dude I was getting price estimates from. They use to make bronze tint, but they don't make it any more. :dunno:

:viking:

Bounty Hunter said:

you should find the code in one of the lower corners. NAGS ( national auto glass something...) uses a letter like M, and a 3 digit code. The M356 type # is the one to match.

I have a mirror tint like that on my '92 XJ Limited, I just checked and found M-346 on one of the smaller rear door windows.

greenday9d1 said:
I have a mirror tint like that on my '92 XJ Limited, I just checked and found M-346 on one of the smaller rear door windows.

one tint code should match all the rear door glass, quarter glass, and rear hatch if it hasen't been replaced before. but the m-346 is a valid tint code.

Anybody know what tint codes were available over the years for the XJ? Just curious how many are out there, and what year's they were offered.

Not to mention I've got all this tinted glass to sell ;)

Back