• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 Stoopid Questions

Gravely Tech

NAXJA Forum User
1) There is a single red LED just below the idiot light panel on my XJ. Whatthehell is this?

2) I'd like to eliminate the bulky lower door trim on my `92 XJ before I paint it. Is this trim attached by holes or pillars in the door skins?

Thanx

Rick

2) I'd like to eliminate the bulky lower door trim on my `92 XJ before I paint it. Is this trim attached by holes or pillars in the door skins?

I removed the trim from my '90 and the only thing holding it on was some hellachious foam double sided tape. No pins or holes in the door

Have fun taking off that lower trim. I sucks. A good chemical to remove that stuff is made by 3M but I can't remember the name of it. I took me two days to get that stuff off and have it completely cleaned of tape and the backing for prep before I painted it. Juice

the trim on my doors started falling off so i just took it all off. i just pulled it with my fingers. my 3yr.old niece could have pulled it off. to get the tape crap off i just used one of those paint and rust remover grinding wheel thingys from advanced auto. i wanted to rhino-line the bottom of my doors anyway. the hunter green with the black rhino-liner on the bottom of the doors looked awesome. actually i did the entire bottom portion. just the part that the molding in question goes up to. it even hid the dents and dings from rocks and tree limbs and branches and whatever else i ran over either in the mud or puddles. i def. would just take it down to bare metal, prime it or pur-15 and rhino line or under coat. what ever your budget. cause there is a hefty difference in price. good luck

Back