• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

click up front

xjrugger

NAXJA Forum User
only when it rains and i first start driving the jeep has this slight click in the steering when i turn left and right. barely noticeable but bothering me and then it stops soon after. Could it be water gathered in the rim and just sloshing around? It stops after driving 100 yards or so.

check your ball joints and tie rod ends. If they dont have grease in them they will begin to click while turning. Or you could also have a u-joint starting to go check for play in the axle shafts.hope this helps a little.

What think may be happening is that the ujoints may be sticking or binding a little when you first start driving this will happen esspiecialy if there is a little play in them. Once you start driving it works its self out. I am pretty sure that if you dont fix or find the problem it is going to get worse and will probably do it all the time.

im gonna check the axleshaft and then if its not very playful ill ride it out a while until it makes more noise. Its a stocker and pavement princess so im not too worried about it going right away

Back