• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket Exhaust System?

Culinary_Hooligan

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have any recomendations for a good sounding system for the 4.0L?
I'm considering the Flowmaster 50 series muffler.
but there are so many options out there... that i'm just not sure.
Edelbrock muffler? Borla? Magnaflow from 4wd.com?

Input on this subject will be greatly appreciated

Do a search on mufflers or exhaust system. This topic has been covered a thousand times. Flowmaster is loud, Borla is costly, Dynomax is the right price. Search and you shall see. Juice

Flowmaster all the way!!!! 40 series sound good if you want to be a redneck, 40 delta are a little quieter, 40 super (what i have) is quieter than delta flow. I'm getting rid of it and getting a regular 40 series.

anyone gone with the 50 series?

I'm running the 50 series. Its not terribly loud. Its a solid muffler able to take had hits without being damaged. I've had mine for a little over 4 years. It was one of the first mods I made to my XJ.

Have you looked at Magnaflow. I used to have a Flowmaster 40 but it cracked, so I went with Magnaflow. Not only soes it sounds better, but since it has no baffles, it flows better and actually gives you some performance perks. Flowmaster only makes noise, no increase in power whatsoever. Also a Magnaflow hiflow cat would be a good addition while your doing the muffler.

MSHarnett said:
Have you looked at Magnaflow. I used to have a Flowmaster 40 but it cracked, so I went with Magnaflow. Not only soes it sounds better, but since it has no baffles, it flows better and actually gives you some performance perks. Flowmaster only makes noise, no increase in power whatsoever. Also a Magnaflow hiflow cat would be a good addition while your doing the muffler.

drop in on the other thread about exhaust and see what they have to say about that

I like my 50 series Deltaflow a lot. Its not too loud and sounds pretty good. Plus its really tough and can take some serious hits without damage.

I don't know what that guy was talking about. I can tell a difference in power, its not a huge difference but you can only expect so much from simply replacing a muffler.

i was refering to hte guy that was talkign about running straight exhaust.

Back