• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another topless 1ton project...

Pirate is down right now. so you guys get some eyecandy from the weekend...

I chopped the top and test fit the dana 70 rear and 37s.. looks good at only 4.5in lift...

Ill do some trimming..

That might be the lowest quality picture I've ever seen on the web.

You have fab skillz, but not photography skillz.

CRASH

I really did not need to see that...

It is SOO HARD to overcome the temptation after seeing some of these sweet conversions done to 4-door XJs, but mine's a 2-door and a 2-door would look different...

and it does... it WAY BETTER!!!!

oh man... this is going to be an interesting summer.... :D

:flame: Chopped 2 door XJ = Factory MJ :flame:

chop chop

Chopped top 2door XJs cut like yours are definately tits!!

I'm still not sold on 4 door chop tops, if mine was a two door the roof would've been gone after the roll two years ago.

mac 'thats sweet' gyvr

I can dig it. I want to chop a 2 door also.

It was pretty easy gettin' the 4 door to work as a 3- soon to be 4 seater. The 2 door might be a little more difficult. Easier to get them 40" Krawlers to fit though. How about rolling that thing out into the light and let us see it? You can move them around with the top hacked off, it doesn't tweak anything out. I measured all points in mine, then hacked the top off, stood in the thing, rolled it in and out of the barn, shook it like crazy and then remeasured. All was still good. And that was with it chopped all the way to the windshield.

Sean

Im sure it will be sweet when finished. Maybe we could get some better pics though. Im digging that power wheels man! I have the same dream conversion on hold until i actually have a kid to build it for.

chopped 2 door cherokee.... makes me think of a jeep version of the 4 runner....i like it. do it, take pictures!!!! :clap:

damn ashman, im so jealous, i want i want

:D

CheapXJ said:
I really did not need to see that...

It is SOO HARD to overcome the temptation after seeing some of these sweet conversions done to 4-door XJs, but mine's a 2-door and a 2-door would look different...

and it does... it WAY BETTER!!!!

oh man... this is going to be an interesting summer.... :D
Hey do you have pics of the chop process for a 2 door. I'm just about to delve into one.

CheapXJ said:
because a chopped 2-door XJ has a bench seat, long rear overhang and is available in two different wheelbases :rolleyes:

don't think so dude ;)

dont forget the rear body on frame!

HossHoffer said:
Hey do you have pics of the chop process for a 2 door. I'm just about to delve into one.

your asking how to do ti?:rolleyes:

take off the hatck..
bust out the side windows or remove them nicely.
Headliner, interiour pannels come off.
mark your three cuts with tape.
Disconnect the wires at the harnesses you cdotn ahve to cut any wires...there is a set of wires that goes form teh drivers side to the passengerside alonge the roof. pull that wire out...
cut along the tape with a sawzall..5min.

taking the hatch off and vacuming up the broken glass takes ALOT longer then the 5min to do the three cuts...

Convertible

I guess what I'm asking is if anyone has made a convertible hardtop out of a Cherokee. I realize I'd need to put in some reinforcement to compensate for the roof being off and some angles along the cut line. I'm debating where to cut. Whether to cut all the way to the windshield (like an old Commando) or stop just behind the drivers seat like yours. I haven't seen it done on this site although I've seen some fantastic fabrication done to Cherokees here. Went through your pictures and thought you did a great job on the axle swap.:)

Back