• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broken seat

Wayne Sihler

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Drivers side seat is loose,inspection shows broken frame,inside rear,fracture from side to side.
Looks like it could be welded together,but I don,t know how to remove it from the seat.
Is this a replaceable part or do I need a new seat(96) model.
Any one else have this problem?
Thanks,
Wayne

The seat is easily removable. 4 bolts hold it to the floor, 4 bolts hold the sliders to the seat. Don't go to the stealership, $400 for the seat, $300 for the back. Go to the pick and pull or go with new seats. I went with Mastercraft Rubicons and love them, 2 Rubicons are cheaper than one seat from the stealership.

Sounds like the same place my 98 broke, took it to an upholstrey shop that does custom stuff, he fixed and restuffed the seat with really nice solid padding, the welds he did were the broken one and 3 or 4 more that he considered substandard and he put in a couple of reinforcing gussets. Total was $50 cash, dropped it off at 9am and picked it up at 1130 or so. Best $50 repair I've done so far...

Back