• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Missed y'all...

Fergie

NAXJA Forum User
Well, the wife and I decided to head home early from the honeymoon. With the XJ acting up again, coming from Montrose to Durango, we decided to head home.

I hope everyone has a good time, and make sure lots of pictures are taken! Hope to see you guys in Moab, and maybe the cooling and trans problems will be solved.

Fergie

I was suprised when Bones said you weren't there at the top of the pass.
Anything I can do?

Might need you help with the rad install if you around then. I ordered a CSF and have a trans cooler to go with it.

I should be getting the rad on Monday or Tuesday, and will be tearing the Jeep apart ASAP because I want to go camping come Labor Day, who knows, might go somewhere like Moab something, but more likely some place close.

Oh well, it was a fun trip, we just didnt want the jeep breaking down on the trail or in Telluride and holding the rest of the group up.

Hope your visit with family went well.

Fergie

I was looking forward to meeting you. Maybe you can make it up later in the year before the snow flies. I'm sure we can get a bunch of rigs together.

I was considering Labor Day or sometime like that. I really want to run the trails, and would to see Telluride too.

If not, then I'll just meet up with most of y'all in Moab. I gotta be there since the XJ didnt see any trails in Moab.

You guys need to put up some more pics too!

Fergie

Everybody is just getting home tonight. I expect to have pixs in the next day or two. I will be hosting them on my 4x4getaways.com site.

Hope to be able to make Moab. Got a tow dolly so I can take a few more chances out there.

Yeah, you could roll it or something like that...

We drove through BV on our way to Vail, which by the way is a snooty, crummy palce, and the BV was pretty neat looking. Doesnt the Arkansas run through there?

Fergie

Fergie, sucks you couldn't come, really wanted to meet yah! :cheers:

Yeah, I was looking forward to doing the trails and actually meeting people in person besides the bald guy.

I'll be in Moab for sure, so I am not too worried.

Right now I need to go paint my roofrack. just finished all the welding and want this mofo done!

Fergie

Fergie said:
Yeah, I was looking forward to doing the trails and actually meeting people in person besides the bald guy.

Fergie
But the bald guy's SO SEXY! (that's what he tells his wife anyway...) ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer of help. I think the rad will be going in sometime soo, be it has to get here first. We'll see, but I think between my Dad, myself and Scott, wew should be able to get it done without too many incidents.

Fergie

Fergie,
Sorry to hear you had to cut and run early.
I was afraid you got tired of waiting on us that morning. We got to the trail head a bit late :eye: . Thought maybe you thought we weren't coming and split.
Hope you are up and running again.

Bones :skull1:

I tried getting ahold of the campground to give you guys a heads up, but that didnt work.

The XJ would be up and running if it werent for a bent filler neck on my new rad. I'll be in Moab though.

Fergie

Fergie said:
The XJ would be up and running if it werent for a bent filler neck on my new rad. I'll be in Moab though.

Fergie

Sounds like a GDI. I bought two of them and had one warrantied. All three of them had bent necks to some extent.

I fixed it by going with a Modine. Much better rad for not much more.

Bones :skull1:

Actually it was a CSF, but the UPS gorillas got ahold of it and had a field day.

Where in MO are you? Anywhere near Moberly?

Fergie

Back