• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chime

greenday9d1

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to the junkyard today and want to pick up a chime while i'm there for my '92 xj limited, however i'm not sure what it looks like. I imagin it's located near the fuses on the drivers side of the car? If anyone can help me within the next hour, that would be much appreciated!

You mean the "key-in-buzzer, lights-on" chime? If so, it's to the left of the fusebox, kind of between the box edge and side kick panel. There are 2 different types, black or blue....black one only buzzes for keys-in ign, but the blue one has the extra pin for the headlight circuit that chimes when you leave your lights on.
It's a rectangular box about the size of a small Altoids tin but thicker (for lack of a better reference :)), and it's held by a push clip on the LEFT side of the box....really hard to get at. If you can't undo the clip, just yank the whole thing and you'll pop it out to where you can manipulate it (it's held to something under there by a plastic rivet)
HTH,
Jeff

Back