• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Guys what am I missing?

simonsxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have tried just about everything. I don't have a timing light so I can't even check timing. What happens is that it will run with the pedal flat to the floor but not very well. When it is cold it will run well for about 2 mins then run really rough and quit. It ran great on thursday night and then friday morning it just quit running. No signs of running bad on thursday at all, so it makes me think it would be a sensor, but they all check out good. Any other ideas???

have you tried cleaning the idle air control motor or the throttle body...fuel injection and gas treatment, maybe you got some bad gas??? fuel filter maybe...sorry that i can't help much but those are a couple of ideas if you havent already thought about them.

It runs fine when I pull the injector wire until it run out of gas leads me to beleive that it is running rich. I don't think it is bad gas or I don't think it would run at all, would it??? I cannot get a signal from the o2 on any wire except the 12 volt supply wire I guess the other is ground either black or grey. Is there supposed to be signal straight away even during crank up? Also is there any way to test an o2 without the vehicle running? I have never heard of an o2 sensor stopping the engine from running but someone on the other thread said it happened to him, was this a fluke or can it happen? HELP

I guess the timing can't be adjusted and I checked the o2 it is fine. I found that the wire going to the CPS was fried, melted through. I repaired the wire with crimps and was hoping that this was the problem, but as usual it did the same thing. My new question is, can this melted wire have effected the computer? If so I might try a used one first. What do you guys think? Thanks for all of the help.

On mine (1990 4.0 I-6) it runs badly, missing at idle and low rpm, when the oxygen sensor dies. A faulty MAP sensor will make it run rich, and can kill it completely......O2 sensor will let it run badly. I would check the MAP for vacuum supply and voltages.

Back