• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I think i'm getting ripped off!!

mike harris

NAXJA Forum User
I went to the dealer to get the fuel line repair kit that mopar offers and they claim that one kit is 18.98 and since I just put new injectors in I need to do the 2 lines on the rail.Is 40.00 too much for a fuel line repair kit(o-rings,quick connects)?How much have you guys paid?Do I have to go through the stealer or can I get this somewhere else?I tried those quick connects that autozone offers for chrystler,but they did'nt work.Any input is valued.

I paid $15-$16 each for mine. So that sounds about right. A few bucks more than what I paid but then again it might vary state to state.

It sucks paying all that for a tiny part but I suppose safety is more important.

You said you just put in new injectors. Did you already disconnect the fuel lines from the rail? Or did you put in the injectors without having to disconnect the fuel lines? Why do you need these kits?

Yes, I paid $15 for those 3 years ago. I was in LA for work and went to a dealer in Conoga Park and picked them up one day. I have a 88 XJ and the AMC/Jeep fuel Injection manual says those couplings can not be reused. I have seen burned up XJs in the junk yard, see that makes you a believer in using the "coupling repair kit" only one time.

It would be nice if it was another arrangment but have to live with what they gave us. Luckly we are not undoing these couplings daily :)

Just think of it as insurance, spend the money and know you will not be burning up on the side the road. Also if you changed injectors did you install a new fuel filter? It easy to do while you have the pressure off the system. If you replace the rubber fuel lines which come out of the tank make sure you get hose rated for "fuel injection" hose and not "carborator" hose. The carb hose would get you home as "battle damage repair" but over time the higher pressure will cause the hose to split.

Your first word were "I wen't to the dealer"

That's why you got ripped off. Don't get me wrong they are great for buying new vehiles and for warentee work but outside of that, excpect to pay pay pay.

john mitchell said:
Your first word were "I wen't to the dealer"

That's why you got ripped off. Don't get me wrong they are great for buying new vehiles and for warentee work but outside of that, excpect to pay pay pay.
Bullshit. Not all parts from the dealer are expensive. No doubt, some parts are, but not all by a long shot.

Back