• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get misalignment spacers?

Mike L

NAXJA Forum User
I need to get some misalignment spacers for some heims I have. I already have a couple 3/4" shank 5/8" bore heims and need some spacers to allow for some misalignment. I am borrowing this pic rom Goatman so I hope he doesn't mind, anyway this is basically what I am looking FOR. I don't need them that tall though as the tie rod is going to be under the knuckle temporarily. I know the 3/4 shank 3/4 bore heims would be a better choice because I can use the ones like THIS. The only spacers I have found are the ones that make the bore smaller but I don't want to go smaller than the 5/8" bore I already have.
I need to get 2 more heims for the drag link and am thinking about using the ones with the small misalignment spacers machined as part of the ball. Wouldn't the drag link need more misalignment than the tie rod? Especially if the tie rod is going from knuckle to knuckle? Thanks.

-Mike

Last edited:
These are some of the things I found to be able to keep the 3/4 by 5/8 heim: HERE What do you guys think of these? I was also able to find some at Poison Spider: HERE What do you guys use or recommend. I was just trying to find some local but it doesn't look like that will happen.

-Mike

Big Jeep 101 said:
I need to get some misalignment spacers for some heims I have. I already have a couple 3/4" shank 5/8" bore heims and need some spacers to allow for some misalignment. I am borrowing this pic rom Goatman so I hope he doesn't mind, anyway this is basically what I am looking FOR. I don't need them that tall though as the tie rod is going to be under the knuckle temporarily. I know the 3/4 shank 3/4 bore heims would be a better choice because I can use the ones like THIS. The only spacers I have found are the ones that make the bore smaller but I don't want to go smaller than the 5/8" bore I already have.
I need to get 2 more heims for the drag link and am thinking about using the ones with the small misalignment spacers machined as part of the ball. Wouldn't the drag link need more misalignment than the tie rod? Especially if the tie rod is going from knuckle to knuckle? Thanks.

-Mike

Spidertrax

They have both 5/8" and 3/4", and installed they work like this . They also serve as a safety washer in case the heim joint ever fails.

The one of mine that you posted a pic of I made, actually had a machine shop turn down the bevel on a piece of the DOM tubing the steering is made out of.

I've also used the reducer style misalignment spacer you posted a pic of, but they only make them for a 5/8" heim using a 1/2" bolt. I've never found one from 3/4" to 5/8", so I have a custom made one on the frame side of my UCA.

Back