• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Late start out. Somebody hold my spot

Bones

NAXJA Forum User
Well it's 20:30 in central Missouri on Fri night and I'm at my computer. I plan to be on the road by 22:00, but it means we will be getting into the camp late Sat night.
Can some one let the camp host know we WILL be there but late.

Camp info Ridgeway/ElkRidge/E loop/site 155.

Thanks,
Bones :skull1:

Bones said:
Well it's 20:30 in central Missouri on Fri night and I'm at my computer. I plan to be on the road by 22:00, but it means we will be getting into the camp late Sat night.
Can some one let the camp host know we WILL be there but late.

Camp info Ridgeway/ElkRidge/E loop/site 155.

Thanks,

WILL DO

Bones made it there that night, and I had the park ranger confirm he was still coming in, so it worked out okay. There were only two spots still open, so they'd have sold it out from under him. Glad he made it, since he rerouted my 89's bottle hoses in various directions with a socket extension for a plug, , some rubber (boy, those trojans are TOUGH).... and some other goop. I guess when yer used to playing in gerbil guts (he's a vet) hose work just comes natural. I had a great time. The scenery in Colorado is just fantastic, and oh yeah, the mountains are pretty too...I never saw an ugly waitress in any of the places we stopped..dunno what the food was like, but the scenery was worth the 600 miles party1:

poomba said:
Bones made it there that night, and I had the park ranger confirm he was still coming in, so it worked out okay. There were only two spots still open, so they'd have sold it out from under him.
Yeah, he made it there late alright. He was pounding stakes outside my tent just after midnight. :laugh3:
Great guy, though. He helped me out of a jam, too. (I thought I carried lot of tools...) :repair: :wave:

Well, you ever wheeled with Bones before you'll know why he always carries so many tools......He is ALWAYS working on his stuff! :wow: Great to wheel with also. He and his wife were the first NAXJA folks I met. I was over at Tellico four years ago and stopped him on the trail (I think he had brake problems at the time) and we stood in the middle of the road and yacked for 20 minutes. I've been with NAXJA ever since. Danno

BillR said:
Yeah, he made it there late alright. He was pounding stakes outside my tent just after midnight. :laugh3:
Great guy, though. He helped me out of a jam, too. (I thought I carried lot of tools...) :repair: :wave:

Danno said:
Well, you ever wheeled with Bones before you'll know why he always carries so many tools......He is ALWAYS working on his stuff! :wow: Great to wheel with also. He and his wife were the first NAXJA folks I met. I was over at Tellico four years ago and stopped him on the trail (I think he had brake problems at the time) and we stood in the middle of the road and yacked for 20 minutes. I've been with NAXJA ever since. Danno

HEY!,
I resemble that :roll: . Just for the record, I helped fix several other rigs this round, includung a bunch of kids' heater line in an exploder near St. Elmo. The worst I had to do to mine was tighten an upper track bar bolt in the two weeks I was there.

As for the accident, I'm still working with the insurance companies. It's not as easy to have a claim that whould total a vehicle if it were stock. Early estimates run nearly 3K in damages, though it isn't as bad visually.

Spent over an hour with the adjuster last Thurs. Haven't heard back.

Lightning storms in central MO left me without a phone for several days last week and presently I'm in KC for a meeting. I haven't been able to get any e-mail since left for CO three weeks ago.

Any one in KC that might want to catch a bite or drink on Monday night leave me a message at the Westin Crown Center Hotel (registered an Stephen Ward). I have a concert to go to this eve but I'll get back with you ASAP.

PS: Please overlook spelling errors. I usually clean up my BAD typing with Word. Can't do that on a public computer at the meeting.

Back