• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to unplug TCM? Where is it?

Double Down said:
Jim,

Okay, let's walk me through this :clap: I looked under the glovebox and saw nothing but plastic and wires. Is it in the glovebox?

Thanks,

Chris

It is mounted on the back of the lower dash plastic trim piece on the passenger side. You can also disable it by pulling the fuse for it out under the hood.
Dave

Allllllll the way down at the bottom of the dash. If you stick your head down there and look up, you'll see the TCM (TCU?) in there. Need photo?

Da*&^* I guess this means I have to clean out my passenger footwell :rolleyes: I'll post it up within the hour.

Yucca-Man said:
Da*&^* I guess this means I have to clean out my passenger footwell :rolleyes: I'll post it up within the hour.

There you go sticking your foot in your mouth again... hope you showered this morning... ( YUCK )

THE STALKER ! :shhh:

tcm.jpg

I realized it is kinda buried up above the HVAC stuff, but I got to it when pulling my dash apart to get the wiring for my radio

Oh yeah, and Stalker?
happyfinger.gif

Yucca-Man said:
tcm.jpg

I realized it is kinda buried up above the HVAC stuff, but I got to it when pulling my dash apart to get the wiring for my radio

Oh yeah, and Stalker?
happyfinger.gif

Same for '97+?

it looks like your 5 days into this jeep and it is narrowed down to a trans problem, i would get a used tcm and see if it works. you got nothing to lose at this point.

Back