• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Shopping

jjmat3

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for a 95 or newer XJ 4x4 for sale in So-Cal. Prefer one w/ some mods, in good condition. No beaters please. It will be a DD, weekend toy. I'm not too picky,(riiiight) but want 4.0, Auto, 231, 8.25, white, blue or silver.
Cash burnin' a hole in my pocket. Please let me know if you know of any.
Thanks!

I have a 99 sport that may be for sale soon....

4.0 w/ aw4 & 231
non-abs
8.25 rear (obviously since its a non-abs)
LSD in the rear
factory skid plate package (engine, tcase, gas)
all stock
112k miles

It is my daily driver right now, It has never been off road and I doubt it has ever even seen as much as a dirt parking lot, so you know its not a beater.

It is that steel blue color w/ dark grey interior.

I don't know how much I want for it yet, just know I need to buy a truck sometime in the next 6 mo.

-Scott

I know, I have a ton of things i have to take care of before I commit to buying a new truck.

Just wanted to toss it out there in case you were not in need of a new jeep asap.

Two major items I need to take care of are putting new axles under my 89xj along with a completely new front suspension setup.

-Scott

Man where are all those Great SO-Cal XJ's that are for sale?!
I will consider 1990 and newer XJ's w/ more mods.
I have Cash in hand and a decent amount of it at that. Offer up whatever you have! I am compiling a list of vehicles to consider. I will be away from the 14th -23rd working Camp Jeep and will be ready to start seeing, in person, your XJ's for sale the following weekend. I would love to nail one down by the end of the month.
Thanks!

Been thinking about it, just can not commit to do it after all put into it. Really need a Pick up, but the Jeep is too personal to me.

yup, I am looking at getting a 03/04 Chevy 2500. I just need something a bit more solid because it seems like my 89 XJ gets less and less street worthy everyday.

I found 1 for my bro 2 weeks ago in San Rafael for $2K. I bought the truck trader while in SF this past weekend and saw 2 awesome xj's really modified. Check autotrader online, you should be able to see them in the Bay area. 1 was an 89' with 8" skyjacker lift and 35" boggers on a dana 78-79' ford hp dana 44/ford 9" full width with 4.88 gears & spools front and rear for $4,500 obo, the guy has to sell he says so offer low. The next was an unbelievable 88' with 7" lift, nv4500, atlas, dana 44's f/r, air lockers f/r, 35's for $8,500 obo. Nice xj's in the Bay. I don't know what your budget is, but the 1 with the hp dana 44/ford 9" is pretty sweet. I have the phone#s in my jeep, I can post them if you'd like.
Troy

Also check recycler.com
When I was looking for mine I found 3 late 80's early nineties with 4.5"+ lift, 32's and 33's and a little rough ($3000) to sweet (93, 5" 32's, full power, tunes, alarm, nice paint, wood grain int. cold ac, $4500)
They're out there, just be patient and wait for the deal. No regrets later.
Cherokid.

Back